THE PILOT PROGRAM WILL BE OPENING SOON. FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT US ON firstname.lastname@example.org
From September until November 2023, HTAV is offering Victorian teachers the opportunity to participate in pilot testing of four online professional learning modules. HTAV’s work on these modules is funded by the Strategic Partnerships Program of the Department of Education and Training.
What are the modules?
There are four modules being piloted:
- Assessment in History
- Historical Thinking
- Digital Technologies
- Building Historical Knowledge
At the end of each topic, participants will complete a short quiz on the content covered in order to move onto the next section.
Who is this program for?
· Any teacher in Victoria who would like to enhance their skills in teaching History
· Out-of-field teachers who specialise in an area other than History
· Teachers returning to the classroom after an absence
· Preservice teachers who would like to enhance their skills and professional portfolios
· Experienced teachers who are mentoring new teachers
What is required from pilot participants?
· Up to 16 hours of learning time per module
· The program will open in September 2023 and close in November 2023. More specific dates are TBC. Participants must complete the module within this timeframe.
· The module is offered entirely online, and participants can set their own pace.
· Participants must fill in a short online evaluation form before beginning and after completing the module as a condition of enrolling in the pilot.
· Participants who complete the course will receive a statement of completion for their professional portfolio. The statement will include the number of hours of professional development and will link to the AITSL and VIT teaching standards.
How much does the program cost?
· The program is free for pilot participants and will incur a cost in 2024.
· All Victorian teachers are welcome to register.
How do I register?
Please fill in the following form indicating which modules you would like to pilot (you are able to choose multiple modules) and HTAV will be in touch with further information and will send you login details and instructions when the pilots have launched. For any questions regarding this, please contact email@example.com.