Pilot Program – Online, On-Demand Professional Learning Module – Teaching Primary History
THE PILOT PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED – . FOR INFORMATION WHEN PAID ACCESS IS AVAILABLE PLEASE CONTACT US ON email@example.com
From November 2022- February 2023, HTAV is offering Victorian primary teachers the opportunity to participate in pilot testing of an online professional learning module. HTAV’s work on this module was funded by the Strategic Partnerships Program of the Department of Education and Training.
What content does this module offer?
It contains fourteen topics:
- The Victorian History Curriculum F-6 (Knowledge)
- The Victorian History Curriculum F-6 (Concepts & Skills)
- Building Historical Literacy
- Using Primary and Secondary Sources
- Finding Reliable Resources
- Hard Histories: Teaching Australia’s Colonial Past
- Questioning and Inquiry
- Oral Histories
- History Excursions and Incursions
- Digital History
- Making a History Space in your Classroom
- History and the Early Years Framework (F-2)
- History in the Upper Primary Years (3-6)
- Planning for Assessment in History
At the end of each topic, participants will complete a short quiz on the content covered in order to move onto the next section.
Who is this program for?
· Any primary teacher in Victoria who would like to enhance their skills in teaching History in levels F-6
· Primary teachers who specialise in an area other than history i.e. literacy or numeracy
· Teachers returning to the primary classroom after an absence
· Preservice teachers who would like to enhance their skills and professional portfolios
· Experienced primary teachers who are mentoring new teachers
What is required from pilot participants?
· Up to 16 hours of learning time
· The program will open in late November 2022 and close on 28 February 2023. Participants must complete the module within this timeframe.
· The module is offered entirely online, and participants can set their own pace.
· Participants must fill out an online evaluation form at the end as a condition of enrolling in the pilot.
· Participants who complete the course will receive a statement of completion for their professional portfolio. The statement will include the number of hours of professional development and will link to the AITSL and VIT teaching standards.
How much does the program cost?
· The program is free for pilot participants and will incur a cost in 2024
· All Victorian teachers are welcome to register.
How do I register?
THE FUNDED PILOT PROGRAMME HAS CLOSED. FOR INFORMATION WHEN PAID ACCESS IS AVAILABLE PLEASE CONTACT US ON firstname.lastname@example.org